Founder and President Eddie G. Grigg explained that “the mission of the institution broadened following the Board of Directors retreat in 2014 to include faith integrated non-ministerial degrees that will allow committed Christians to choose from a growing number of professions to better enable Christian men and women to represent Christ throughout the world’s cities.”
The vote was unanimously to sell the campus to allow for continued growth and expansion of the institution. The old buildings, built in 1952 and 1962, are costly to maintain and they were never designed for the needs of modern post-secondary education. Today’s students require modern technologies, online and residential courses, and environmentally friendly buildings. Furthermore, the City of Charlotte has restricted attendance at our current location in an effort to control traffic in the NoDa neighborhood surrounding the institution. Therefore, to continue growing and developing, it is essential that the institution be located in a setting where it can thrive, leading the Board of Directors to conclude it is in the best interest of the students and the institution to sell the property and seek a location where the institution can truly flourish.