Summary: The President selects, contracts, and supervises the Executive Assistant to the President (EAP). Therefore, the EAP is directly responsible to the President. The EAP must be a committed Christian able to maintain professionalism including a positive attitude in the workplace and a commitment to confidentiality. The EAP must example a “can do” attitude, example honesty, and integrity, and show loyalty to both the institution and its leadership. It is the responsibility of the EAP to assist and support the President in his daily responsibilities. Furthermore, the EAP:
- Serves as the receptionist to the President’s Office, answers all incoming phone calls and routes them to the appropriate extension, and handles all walk-in traffic to the Office of the President.
- Serves as a receptionist and in a supportive role to the President, this person must be polite, well mannered, and willing to show daily courtesies of hospitality to guests.
- Must possess excellent telephone skills and work well with people.
- Maintains calendar coordinates speaking engagements and makes all travel arrangements for the President.
- Organizes special events and meetings related to the President’s Office (e.g. President’s receptions, VIP entertainment) and issue invitations at the President’s directive.
- Coordinates arrangements for all Board activities: Board Meetings, Board Retreats, Board Orientation, and Board Committee Meetings.
- Creates and distributes Board agenda, reports, directories, and correspondences and maintains records of all Board meetings.
- Assists the President and at the directive of the President assists in matters of accreditation, regulations, and oversight.
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills, possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a high-stress environment, and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written, and be proficient in proofreading.
- Must be proficient in typing and possess a mastery of all Microsoft Office programs; desktop publishing, WordPress, and the ability to learn a variety of software programs will be helpful.
- Must be a committed Christian, have a Christian Biblical background, and a Christian exposure through schooling or work experience to understand Christian terminology.
- Must possess administrative and organizational skills, possess proficiency in filing and record management, and other clerical skills.
- Manages and maintains all office equipment.
- Must be willing to learn and advance skill level through attending training workshops.
- Must be willing, if needed, to accept travel involved for the job.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently of supervision.
- Prepares and distributes minutes, agendas, reports, and other documents for standing meetings such as the Administrative Council, President’s Council, and other groups directed or administered by the President.
- Is in charge of incoming mail, mail permits, and postage purchases.
- Maintain sufficient stock of office supplies for all offices and orders supplies monthly.
- Must understand and accept that duties may change as the Institution continues to develop and must possess a willingness to adapt to other duties as needed and assigned.
Educational/Experience Requirements: The EAP should be a degree holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from an appropriately recognized and accredited institution of higher education. The EAP should have a minimum of one to three years of experience in record-keeping, administration, computer skills, and be willing to learn all required tasks.
Competency Requirements: The EAP must have a passion to advance Christian education and the institution, be an encourager and possess the necessary abilities to work with Alumni, donors, and the community at large to build and strengthen relationships with the institution, and must exhibit time management skills and possess the ability to meet institutional deadlines.
Spiritual Requirements: The EAP must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a clear Christian testimony, and a visible passion for Jesus. The EAP must have compassion for people and be actively involved in an evangelical Christian Church. The EAP must fully embrace the doctrinal position, mission, purpose, and values of Charlotte Christian College and Theological Seminary and commit to a lifestyle in keeping with the institution’s “Code of Conduct” and “Doctrinal Statement.”
Physical/Mental Requirements: Must be mentally sharp and emotionally stable and free from physical, mental, or emotional ailments. Must have the ability to sit or to stand for periods of at least two hours at a time. The EAP must possess the ability to work with culturally diverse groups in a high-stress situation. The EAP must possess a “can do” attitude, good people skills, and the ability to follow procedures, directives, and meet deadlines. The EAP must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic.
To apply for this job please visit rb.gy.