Website Community Church at Lake Wylie
We are a gospel-focused, interdenominational church.
Community Church at Lake Wylie exists to reach every generation with the love and hope of Jesus Christ. To that end, we are seeking to hire a Kids and Youth Minister who will build and lead a meaningful, gospel-focused ministry to children and teenagers. We have excellent facilities for kids, and a gymnasium across the street that could be utilized for youth events, possibly in partnership with other local organizations.
While there is a solid, decades-long foundation of kids and youth ministry at CCLW, this is the beginning of a new chapter of our church’s life. We have recently hired a new Senior Pastor, and building up the kids and youth ministry is a top priority.
A successful candidate will share the heart, ethos, and entrepreneurial spirit of an organization like YoungLife. This position will start out as a part-time role (30 hours/week), but we expect it will be full-time within a year or two – depending on the growth rate of the ministry.
Starting salary: $36,000 (for 30 hours/week)
▪ Design and implement a strategic approach to kids and youth ministry that reflects the Christ-centered, service-minded ethos of CCLW.
▪ Raise up teams of volunteers to serve with kids and youth.
▪ Clear and consistent communication with parents about what their children are learning, and about upcoming events.
▪ Kids Ministry (birth – 5th grade): Oversee Sunday morning operations (scheduling volunteers, preparing curriculum, ordering supplies, maintaining cleanliness, ensuring safety, etc.), be a warm and welcoming presence for families, especially those visiting CCLW for the first time, teach one of the upper elementary classes on Sunday mornings to help shepherd kids (and their families) through the transition into the youth ministry, offer special events like VBS, beginning/end of school year celebrations, summer fun events.
▪ Youth Ministry (6th – 12th grade): Find creative ways to connect with middle and high school students within the church and outside of it, create regular opportunities for teenagers to socialize, grow in their faith, and serve the community, build relationships with local institutions and leaders who are invested in the lives of students (schools, teachers, coaches, YoungLife leaders, etc.), find ways for teenagers to lead and serve within the kids ministry, work in concert with the rest of the CCLW staff to achieve broader church objectives.
▪ Teach in the main service occasionally, especially to build rapport with families at CCLW.
▪ Evidence of a growing relationship with God
▪ Agreement with our mission and beliefs
▪ Active participation in the life of our church
▪ A genuine love for the next generation and a long-term desire to work with that age group (We are not interested in hiring someone who views kids and youth ministry as a short-term steppingstone).
▪ Key character traits we’re looking for: self-motivated and reliable, a learner, efficient (but warm), driven (but kind), teachable, compassionate, approachable, organized (yet flexible), a willingness to ask for help when something isn’t going well, proactive about conflict resolution, a sense of humor.
▪ Bachelor’s degree (or substantial progress toward earning one)
▪ Seminary education preferred, but not required
▪ A working knowledge of Scripture
▪ Proven ability to design and build something
▪ Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
▪ Proven administrative abilities and capacity for follow through
▪ Strong time-management skills and the ability to multitask
A successful first year will look like:
▪ ≈ 40-50 children regularly participating on Sunday mornings (birth-5th grade)
▪ ≈ 15-20 youth regularly involved (6th-12th grade)
▪ A healthy and growing team of volunteer leaders
▪ Regular, meaningful connections with parents
▪ Youth events in the gymnasium (in partnership with other organizations or churches)
How To Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and two references to [email protected].
If we decide to begin an interview process, we will ask you for a strategic proposal about how to grow and staff the Kids and Youth Ministry in the years ahead. We may also have you complete a personality assessment to help us better understand your personal and professional temperament.
It is our goal to fill this position by mid-August.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com