Website Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
This position provides administrative support for the Vice President of Graduate Programs (40%) and works with the Director of Digital Education to perform administrative functions of Gordon Conwell’s Digital Education department (60%). The reporting supervisor will be the Director of Digital Education.
• Administrative Support to the Vice President:
i. Meetings & Calendars: Coordinate travel, schedules, appointments, and meetings calendar.
ii. Communications: Ensure and protect communication lines between the Executive Director and direct reports, deans, and other key stakeholders.
iii. Compile reports: Gather data, write, edit, transcribe, type, and organize to assist in the production, publication and curation of documents, reports, and speeches of varied nature – financial, administrative, accreditation, public, legal, pastoral, or academic.
iv. Budget management support: Reconcile monthly credit card purchases for the Vice President. Coordinate the collection and, where needed, collation of budgets from direct reports.
• Digital Education Administrative Support:
i. In coordination with the Registration team, ensure the creation of each semester’s courses in the school’s SIS and LMS. Perform related student registration functions and ensure prompt communication of relevant issues to the Director of Digital Education and Registration Offices.
ii. Provide weekly enrollment reports to the Digital Education and Registration teams.
iii. Provide required information to Human Resources for contract generation and stipend payment for faculty teaching Digital classes.
iv. Assist the Director of Digital Ed in the recruitment, onboarding, and oversight of student workers.
• User Support: Monitor incoming customer service requests for Teaching and Learning and direct them to the appropriate parties. Help make the Digital Education space (physically and virtually) a welcoming environment for users of educational technology resources at Gordon-Conwell.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
• Administrative skills: Soundly developed administrative and clerical skills, including organizational and coordination skills to serve a multi-site office.
• Discernment: Clear recognition and significance of confidentiality in the activities of the campus and VP’s Office.
• Customer Service: Strong customer service skills with the ability to demonstrate empathy with coworkers and constituents.
• Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and serve in a team environment that requires collegiality and regular collaboration across multiple locations.
• Technical Knowledge: Experience with student information or similar system in a capacity accessing student records, course records, and creating and modifying data preferred. Competency with Microsoft Office, prioritizing Word and Excel. Ability to use web conferencing software (e.g., Zoom) preferred.
• Reporting and Monitoring: Ability to generate reports using reporting software and to monitor enrollment and attrition data while flagging anomalies preferred.
• Clear understanding of the mission of the Seminary and willingness to abide by the Community Life Statement of GCTS.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s level preferred.
• 2+ years of office management or general administrative experience preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in customer service is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Gordon-Conwell and its various academic programs is helpful.
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Mary Coon, Director of Digital Education, explaining your interest in the position.
• A formal CV that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com