Who We Are:
Inspired by the bold and boundless hospitality of Jesus, we are “open to all,” which means we welcome and accept all people into the life of our Church without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, political affiliation, physical or mental capacity, or religious belief. We believe that God’s call is given to all people, and we embrace the Spirit that continues to cross boundaries in order to unite the world.
Our Children & Youth Ministries
Our mission is to provide spiritual and community care for our families from birth to 12th grade through integrated children & youth ministries. Our young people are energetic, curious learners, and very loving. We have young people from a variety of backgrounds, forming a beautifully diverse tapestry of bright minds. Sundays are our primary time to engage with young people, but programming happens throughout the week.
Essential Job Functions:
• Understand and uphold the Child & Youth Protection Policy
• Support the church mission and Senior Pastor’s vision
• Assist with planning and facilitating events to support the children & youth ministries
• Affirm and foster healthy relationships with children & youth, and their families
• Work closely with staff, lay leaders, and volunteers
• Communicate with and assist Children & Youth minister(s) as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Excited about planning programming for the development of young people of all ages
• At least 2 years of experience with children and/or youth. Church experience a plus!
• Excitement around a variety of educational development styles (Montessori, Dewey, Piaget, Berryman, etc).
• Well organized and creative
• Familiarity with facilitating virtually (ie via Zoom)
Anticipated Schedule & Benefits:
• 10 hrs/week
• Flexible weekdays
• Must be available Sundays for childcare and children’s church
• Pay: $200 per week
• Professional development training
• Opportunities to create unique programming
• Leadership & Instructional opportunities with excited young people
• Non-profit and organizational experience
Rev. Carrie Veal
OR Rev. Tara Gibbs
To apply for this job please visit www.myersparkbaptist.org.