Website Southeastern Freight Lines
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Prepare, sweep, inspect, and clean trailer(s) before loading freight
- Use safe lifting techniques to load properly and unload freight
- Select and use proper freight handling equipment to load and unload the freight. Such equipment may include forklifts with appropriate hardware, hand trucks, drum trucks, pallet jacks, rollers, and any other available equipment to move, load, arrange, rearrange and unload the freight.
- Plan cube utilization and proper weight distribution when loading freight
- Counts and inspects the condition of freight, documenting any shortages or damage
- Review freight bills for special instructions. Checks manifest for existing exceptions and check the label and the destination code on manifests against freight bills
- Check for special instructions, weight distributions on headloads, and check headloads against the freight bills when loading freight
- Verify the hazardous material product description, determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding when loading hazardous material
- Properly block and brace freight to prevent shifting during transport.
To apply for this job please visit sefl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.